CS/HB 1059: Parental Rights
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Grall ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Buchanan ; Bush ; Byrd ; Daniels ; Donalds ; Eagle ; Fischer ; McClain ; Perez ; Plakon ; Roth ; Sabatini ; Santiago ; Stone ; Yarborough ; Zika
Parental Rights; Provides parental rights relating to a minor child's education, upbringing, & health care; provides school district, health care practitioner, hospital requirements & specified penalties.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Education Committee; Health and Human Services Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 92
• Introduced -HJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 2 -HJ 434
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/06/20, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 527
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 527
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 607
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 602
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 627
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 865
• Amendment(s) adopted (193191, 524171) -HJ 865, 866
• Amendment(s) failed (455883, 741543, 967535) -HJ 865
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 956
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 77 NAYS 41 -HJ 956
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Education; Rules -SJ 559
• Received -SJ 558
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.