CS/CS/HB 1063: State Hemp Program
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee ; Drake ; Massullo
State Hemp Program; Provides that certain outlets selling hemp are subject to food permit requirements; directs DACS to submit amended plan to U.S. Secretary of Agriculture under certain circumstances; removes requirement for use of certain hemp seeds & cultivars; revises distribution & retail sale requirements for hemp extract; deems certain hemp extract as adulterated or misbranded; authorizes DACS to contract for specified services; requires rules to include specified testing & sampling procedures; provides for Industrial Hemp Advisory Council as sole program advisory body to DACS; directs DACS to provide specified report to Legislature.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 92
• Introduced -HJ 92
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 12:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 527
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 523
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 550
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/02/20, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 695
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 688
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 720
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 891
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 921 (Ch. 2020-135) -HJ 1070
• Laid on Table
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.