CS/CS/HB 1095: Underground Facility Damage Prevention and Safety
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; Fitzenhagen
Underground Facility Damage Prevention and Safety; Provides noncriminal violations relating to transportation of hazardous materials; provides for civil penalties & enhanced civil penalties; provides for disposition of civil penalty; requires certain written warnings; removes provisions relating to hearings by DOAH of certain incidents; provides requirements to certain entity relating to review certain reports & complaints.
Last Action: 2/24/2020 House - CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 635
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 95
• Introduced -HJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 421
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 419
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 419
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 448
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 448
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 635
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.