CS/CS/HB 1111: Government Accountability
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; Tomkow ; Beltran
Government Accountability; Creates Florida Integrity Office under Auditor General; revises provisions related to legislative procedure, Auditor General, Chief Inspector General, CFO investigations, agency inspector general, government efficiency hotline, cabinet approval of those appointed to certain positions, savings sharing program, contracting, & fiduciary duty of care for appointed public officials & executive officers of specified governmental entities.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 97
• Introduced -HJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 01/23/20, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee read 1st time -HJ 438
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 444
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/11/20, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 551
• PCS on Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/27/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• PCS on Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/02/20, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 723
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 720
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 719
• Read 2nd time -HJ 899
• Amendment(s) failed (570581) -HJ 899
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 977
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1020
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1076
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.