HB 1135: License Plates
GENERAL BILL by Grant, J. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bell ; Hogan Johnson ; Massullo ; McGhee ; Williamson
License Plates; Authorizing election of a permanent registration period for certain vehicles if certain conditions are met; revising presale requirements for issuance of a specialty license plate; prohibiting annual use fees received by any entity from being used for certain purposes; requiring that certain documentation be on file with the department prior to the development of certain license plates, etc.
Last Action: 9/21/2020 - Chapter No. 2020-181, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 387 (Ch. 2020-176)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 99
• Introduced -HJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 421
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 421
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 449
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 449
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/13/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -HJ 569
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 569
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 698
• Amendment(s) adopted (194987, 978535) -HJ 709
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 729
• Passed as amended; YEAS 78 NAYS 40 -HJ 730
• In Messages
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 473
• Received -SJ 473
• Withdrawn from Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 709
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 412 -SJ 709
• Read 2nd time -SJ 709
• Amendment(s) pending (409002, 464008) -SJ 722
• Temporarily postponed -SJ 722
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 724
• Pending amendment(s), withdrawn (409002) -SJ 766
• Pending amendment(s), adopted as amended (235304) -SJ 766
• Read 3rd time -SJ 766
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 767
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (235304) -HJ 1176, 1186
• Passed as amended; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 1187
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1187
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-181, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 387 (Ch. 2020-176)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.