HB 1189: Genetic Information for Insurance Purposes
GENERAL BILL by Sprowls ; Williamson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Aloupis ; Andrade ; Avila ; Buchanan ; Burton ; Casello ; Daniels ; DiCeglie ; Drake ; Duggan ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Fischer ; Gottlieb ; Ingoglia ; Latvala ; Massullo ; McClure ; Perez ; Plakon ; Plasencia ; Rommel ; Sirois ; Sullivan ; Tomkow ; Trumbull ; Zika
Genetic Information for Insurance Purposes; Prohibits life insurers & long-term care insurers from canceling, limiting, or denying coverage, or establishing differentials in premium rates based on genetic information; prohibits such insurers from taking certain actions relating to genetic information for any insurance purpose.
• Referred to Health and Human Services Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 105
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 01/16/20, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 105
• Favorable by Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 396
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 396
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/23/20, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 434
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/29/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 457
• Read 3rd time -HJ 457
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 457
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 278
• Received -SJ 278
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 584
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1564 -SJ 584
• Read 2nd time -SJ 584
• Amendment(s) adopted (624566) -SJ 584
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 671
• Passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 3 -SJ 671
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (624566) -HJ 1135
• Passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 0 -HJ 1135
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1135
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-159
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.