CS/SB 1212: International Affairs
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Gruters
International Affairs; Requiring the Secretary of State to serve as the state protocol officer; requiring that certain organizations provide notice of international travel to the Department of State, rather than the Department of Economic Opportunity; authorizing the Department of State to support the establishment of citizen support organizations for certain purposes; prohibiting the department from allowing a citizen support organization to use certain services, property, or facilities if the organization does not provide equal membership and employment opportunities, etc.
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Infrastructure and Security; Rules -SJ 89
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/27/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 220
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 02/10/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• Now in Rules
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.