CS/CS/HB 1249: Transfer of Tax Exemption for Veterans
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Eskamani ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Gregory ; Hill ; Overdorf ; Slosberg ; Stark ; Webb ; Zika
Transfer of Tax Exemption for Veterans; Provides that certain veterans & their surviving spouses receiving homestead tax exemption may apply for & receive prorated refund of property taxes paid on new homestead property acquired during certain timeframe; requires property appraiser to immediately make certain entries upon tax rolls to allow prorated refund.
• Introduced -HJ 111
• Referred to Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 399
• On Committee agenda-- Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee, 02/03/20, 3:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 487
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 485
• Now in Ways and Means Committee -HJ 503
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means Committee, 02/19/20, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Ways and Means Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 607
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/27/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 682
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 680
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 749
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 816
• CS passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 0 -HJ 817
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 523
• Received -SJ 523
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 543
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1662 -SJ 544
• Read 2nd time -SJ 543
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 571
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 571
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1070
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-140
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.