CS/SB 1308: Criminal Justice
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bracy ; Powell ; Rouson
Criminal Justice; Authorizing the resentencing and release of certain persons who are eligible for sentence review under specified provisions; precluding eligibility for a sentence review for young adult offenders who previously committed, or conspired to commit, murder; requiring the Department of Corrections to notify young adult offenders in writing of their eligibility for sentence review within certain timeframes; requiring the department to provide inmates with certain information upon their release, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 96
• Introduced -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/04/20, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 247
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/25/20, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 357
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.