CS/SB 1338: Prescription Drug Coverage
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Wright ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell ; Rodriguez ; Perry
Prescription Drug Coverage; Authorizing the Office of Insurance Regulation to examine pharmacy benefit managers; requiring health insurers and health maintenance organizations, or pharmacy benefit managers on behalf of health insurers and health maintenance organizations, to annually report specified information to the office; specifying requirements relating to brand-name and generic drugs in contracts between pharmacy benefit managers and pharmacies or pharmacy services administration organizations, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 99
• Introduced -SJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/28/20, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 229
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 232
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/25/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.