CS/CS/SB 1392: Courts
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Simmons
Courts; Revising provisions governing the payment of subsistence and travel reimbursement for Supreme Court justices who designate an official headquarters other than the headquarters of the Supreme Court; authorizing district court of appeal judges who meet certain criteria to have an appropriate facility in their county of residence designated as their official headquarters; specifying eligibility for subsistence and travel reimbursement, subject to the availability of funds; providing that a county is not required to provide space for a judge in a county courthouse, etc.
Last Action: 6/22/2020 - Chapter No. 2020-61
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/13/20, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 411
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 518
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 414
• Read 2nd time -SJ 517
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 530
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 530
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1008
• Received -HJ 1008
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1052
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1114
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1114
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 726
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-61
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.