CS/SB 148: Limitations on Homestead Assessments
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Brandes
Limitations on Homestead Assessments; Revising the timeframe during which the accrued benefit from specified limitations on homestead property tax assessments may be transferred from a prior homestead to a new homestead; revising the timeframe during which an owner of homestead property significantly damaged or destroyed by a named tropical storm or hurricane must establish a new homestead to make a certain election, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 371 (Ch. 2020-175), HJR 369 (Passed) -SJ 592
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 11/04/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Finance and Tax
• Introduced -SJ 15
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 121
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/13/20, 12:30 pm, 401 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 324
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 411
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 519
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 592
• Substituted HB 371 -SJ 592
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 371 (Ch. 2020-175), HJR 369 (Passed) -SJ 592
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.