SB 1542: Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s Disease; Requiring state agencies to provide assistance to the Alzheimer’s Disease Advisory Committee, upon request; creating the position of Dementia Director within the Department of Elderly Affairs; revising incentive funding criteria for memory disorder clinics; revising the information the department must consider when developing the allocation formula for respite care, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 835 (Ch. 2020-45) -SJ 635
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 115
• Introduced -SJ 115
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/21/20, 12:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/13/20, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 307
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 411
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 461
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 635
• Substituted CS/HB 835 -SJ 635
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 835 (Ch. 2020-45) -SJ 635
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.