CS/SB 1544: Long-term Care
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Albritton
Long-term Care; Requiring aging resource center personnel to annually rescreen certain individuals with high priority scores for purposes of the statewide wait list for enrollment for home and community-based services; authorizing such personnel to administer rescreening for certain individuals with low priority scores; authorizing community-care-for-the-elderly services providers to dispute certain referrals; providing that a referral decision by adult protective service prevails, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1373 (Ch. 2020-46) -SJ 541
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 115
• Introduced -SJ 115
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/04/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 249
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/25/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 411
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 541
• Substituted CS/HB 1373 -SJ 541
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1373 (Ch. 2020-46) -SJ 541
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.