CS/SB 1672: Protection of Vulnerable Investors
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Broxson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley
Protection of Vulnerable Investors; Requiring securities dealers, investment advisers, and associated persons to immediately report knowledge or suspicion of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of vulnerable adults to the Department of Children and Families’ central abuse hotline; authorizing dealers and investment advisers to delay disbursements or transactions of funds or securities from certain accounts associated with specified adults if certain conditions are met; providing for administrative and civil immunity for dealers, investment advisers, and associated persons, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 813 (Ch. 2020-157) -SJ 699
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 163
• Introduced -SJ 163
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/28/20, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/11/20, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 307
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 310
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/20 -SJ 724
• Read 2nd time -SJ 698
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 813 -SJ 699
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 813 (Ch. 2020-157) -SJ 699
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.