CS/CS/HB 185: Custody of Minor Children by Extended Family
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Roach ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bell ; Brannan ; Cortes ; Eskamani ; Good ; Gottlieb ; Hill ; Mercado ; Polo ; Roth ; Smith, D.
Custody of Minor Children by Extended Family; Revises requirements for individual seeking concurrent custody; requires petition for temporary or concurrent custody to include provisions relating to best interest of child; authorizes court to include provisions relating to best interest of child in order granting temporary or concurrent custody; authorizes court to modify & establish reasonable conditions for transition of custody; requires court to consider specified factors when establishing such conditions; authorizes court to require parties to comply with specified provisions in order before terminating order.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 124 (Ch. 2020-146) -HJ 995
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 11/14/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 297
• Now in Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 12/12/19, 9:00 am, 12 HOB -- Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/16/20, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 20
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 411
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 410
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 409
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/30/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 526
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 524
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 519
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 124 (Ch. 2020-146) -HJ 995
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.