CS/HB 201: Gun Violence Reduction
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Jones ; Antone ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brown ; Cortes ; Driskell ; Eskamani ; Fernandez ; Joseph ; Polo ; Smith, C.
Gun Violence Reduction; Creates Urban Core Gun Violence Task Force; provides for membership, staff support, duties & powers, annual reports, & repeal of task force; creates Florida Firearm Violence Reduction Pilot Program; provides eligibility & application requirements; authorizes FDLE to provide grants to specified number of counties to implement pilot program, subject to appropriation; provides requirements for FDLE & participating counties; authorizes FDLE to adopt rules; provides for annual reports; provides for expiration of pilot program.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 22
• Introduced -HJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/03/20, 2:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 506
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 496
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 524
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.