CS/SB 246: Public Construction
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Hooper
Public Construction; Revising the amount of retainage that certain local governmental entities and contractors may withhold from progress payments for any construction services contract; revising the amounts of retainage that certain public entities and contractors may withhold from progress payments for any construction services contract, etc.
Last Action: 11/5/2019 Senate - Now in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 10/14/19, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 11/04/19, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.