CS/CS/HB 279: Local Government Public Construction Works
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee ; Smith, D. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fernandez-Barquin ; Sabatini
Local Government Public Construction Works; Revising disclosure requirements for bidding documents and other requests for proposals issued for bids by a local governmental entity and public contracts entered into between local governmental entities and contractors; requiring that a local government that performs projects using its own services, employees, and equipment provide a report to the local governing board with certain information, etc.
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Business and Professions Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 27
• Introduced -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 01/29/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 463
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 459
• Now in Business and Professions Subcommittee -HJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -HJ 486
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 486
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/27/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 693
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 683
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 893
• Amendment(s) adopted (217229) -HJ 893, 896
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 971
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 1 -HJ 971
• In Messages
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 551
• Received -SJ 551
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 683
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 504 -SJ 683
• Read 2nd time -SJ 683
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 728
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 728
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1171
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-154
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.