CS/HB 389: Practice of Pharmacy
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Sirois ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Donalds ; Gregory ; Overdorf ; Sabatini ; Toledo
Practice of Pharmacy; Creates collaborative pharmacy practice agreement between pharmacist & physician; requires agreements to be appropriate to training & scope of practice of pharmacist & physician; requires maintenance of records & specified pharmacists to report certain diseases of public health significance to DOH; authorizes pharmacists to test for & treat influenza & streptococcus; provides requirements for written protocol between pharmacist & supervising physician.
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 11/13/19, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 290
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 34
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -HJ 391
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 391
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 677
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 670
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 753
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 821
• CS passed; YEAS 88 NAYS 18 -HJ 821
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 519
• Received -SJ 519
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 583
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 714 -SJ 595
• Read 2nd time -SJ 595
• Amendment(s) adopted (850564) -SJ 595
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 661
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 12 -SJ 662
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (850564) -HJ 1011
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 98 NAYS 17 -HJ 1011
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1011
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 1130
• Approved by Governor -HJ 1130
• Chapter No. 2020-7
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.