CS/HB 401: Shark Fins
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Jacobs ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Buchanan ; Casello ; Daley ; Duran ; Goff-Marcil ; Gottlieb ; Grall ; Killebrew ; LaMarca ; Massullo ; Mercado ; Overdorf ; Polo ; Pritchett ; Roth ; Smith, C. ; Stark ; Stevenson ; Watson, C. ; Webb ; Willhite
Shark Fins; Prohibits import, export, & sale of shark fins.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 680 (Ch. 2020-172) -HJ 995
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Business and Professions Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 12/11/19, 12:30 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 303
• Now in Business and Professions Subcommittee -HJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 35
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 391
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 391
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/13/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 576
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 573
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 581
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 680 (Ch. 2020-172) -HJ 995
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.