CS/CS/SB 402: Assisted Living Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Harrell
Assisted Living Facilities; Requiring assisted living facilities that provide certain services to maintain a written progress report on each person receiving such services from the facility’s staff; prohibiting a county or municipality from issuing a business tax receipt, rather than an occupational license, to a facility under certain circumstances; authorizing a facility to submit certain reports regarding adverse incidents through the agency’s online portal; authorizing certain persons to change a resident’s bandage for a minor cut or abrasion; revising the types of medications that may be self-administered, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 767 -SJ 550
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/05/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• Introduced -SJ 31
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/18/20, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 461
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 462
• Read 2nd time -SJ 549
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 767 -SJ 550
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 767 -SJ 550
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.