HB 485: Athletic Trainers
GENERAL BILL by Antone
Athletic Trainers; Revises definition of term "athletic trainer"; revises athletic trainer licensure requirements; requires certain licensees to maintain certification in good standing without lapse as condition of renewal of their athletic trainer licenses; requires that athletic trainer work within specified scope of practice; requires direct supervision of athletic training student to be in accordance with rules adopted by Board of Athletic Training.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 House - Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) CS/SB 226 passed -HJ 995
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 40
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 420
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 420
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 01/30/20, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 472
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 472
• Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) CS/SB 226 passed -HJ 995
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.