HB 533: Child Restraint Requirements
GENERAL BILL by Beltran ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Jenne ; Slosberg ; Toledo ; Watson, C.
Child Restraint Requirements; Increases age of child for whom motor vehicle operator must provide protection by using crash-tested, federally approved child restraint device; increases age of child for whom separate carrier, integrated child seat, or child booster seat may be used.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 44
• Introduced -HJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 504
• Now in Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee -HJ 504
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.