SB 540: Insurance Guaranty Associations
Insurance Guaranty Associations; Authorizing certain guaranty association employees to adjust losses for the Florida Insurance Guaranty Association if certain conditions are met; redefining the term “net direct written premiums” as “direct written premiums” and revising the definition of that term; deleting a calculation of initial estimated assessments levied by the Office of Insurance Regulation on insurers in the Florida Insurance Guaranty Association; deleting a calculation of initial estimated assessments levied by the office on insurers in the Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Guaranty Association, etc.
Last Action: 2/26/2020 Senate - Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 11/12/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 131
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• Introduced -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 01/22/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/05/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/19/20 -SJ 324
• Read 2nd time -SJ 321
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 337
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.