CS/SB 58: Prescription Drug Donation Repository Program
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Book ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell ; Stewart ; Cruz
Prescription Drug Donation Repository Program; Designating the “Prescription Drug Donation Repository Program Act”; creating the program within the Department of Health; prohibiting donations to specific patients; requiring inspection of donated prescription drugs and supplies by a licensed pharmacist; prohibiting the sale of donated prescription drugs and supplies under the program; requiring the department or contractor to establish, maintain, and publish a registry of participating local repositories and available donated prescription drugs and supplies; authorizing the Governor to waive program patient eligibility requirements during a declared state of emergency, etc.
Last Action: 2/12/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 177 (Ch. 2020-23) -SJ 266
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 9
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 10/15/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/15/20, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 8
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 120
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 156
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/05/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/12/20 -SJ 267
• Read 2nd time -SJ 266
• Substituted CS/HB 177 -SJ 266
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 177 (Ch. 2020-23) -SJ 266
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.