HB 6029: Punitive Damages
GENERAL BILL by Mariano
Punitive Damages; Removes provisions requiring portion of punitive damages awarded for certain claims relating to nursing homes & assisted living facilities to be deposited into Quality of Long-Term Care Facility Improvement Trust Fund.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Judiciary Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 259
• Introduced -HJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 516
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 517
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -HJ 551
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 551
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.