SB 62: K-12 Education
GENERAL BILL by Stargel
K-12 Education; Requiring that a resolution to levy discretionary sales tax include a statement containing certain information; defining the term “early college program”; changing the calculation of full-time equivalent student membership for dual enrollment purposes; providing for calculation of full-time equivalent membership for students earning the Capstone Diploma; requiring school board mental health policies and procedures to include certain items, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 641 (Ch. 2020-94), CS/HB 7067 (Ch. 2020-95), CS/HB 7097 (Ch. 2020-10)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 9
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/13/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Introduced -SJ 9
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 01/28/20, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 01/29/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 230
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/05/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 641 (Ch. 2020-94), CS/HB 7067 (Ch. 2020-95), CS/HB 7097 (Ch. 2020-10)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.