SB 7012: Mental Health
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson
Mental Health; Providing additional duties for the Statewide Office for Suicide Prevention; requiring the Department of Transportation to work with the office in developing a plan relating to evidence-based suicide deterrents in certain locations; requiring that certain information be provided to the guardian or representative of a minor patient released from involuntary examination; requiring specified persons to complete certain suicide prevention education courses by a specified date; providing that persons providing certain emergency care are not liable for civil damages or penalties under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 2/27/2020 Senate - CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/12/19, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 120
• Introduced -SJ 119
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/13/20, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.