SB 7038: OGSR/Information Held by an Investigative Agency
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice
OGSR/Information Held by an Investigative Agency; Amending a provision relating to an exemption from public records requirements for information held by an investigative agency pursuant to an investigation relating to an activity prohibited under the Florida RICO Act; removing the scheduled repeal of the exemption, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7005 (Ch. 2020-90) -SJ 582
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/27/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 185
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/12/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 306
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20 -SJ 653
• Read 2nd time -SJ 582
• Substituted HB 7005 -SJ 582
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7005 (Ch. 2020-90) -SJ 582
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.