CS/HB 7077: Postsentencing Forensic Analysis
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Grant, J. ; Bush
Postsentencing Forensic Analysis; Authorizes specified persons to petition court for forensic analysis that may result in evidence of identity of perpetrator or accomplice to crime resulting in conviction; requires court to make specified findings before ordering forensic analysis; requires forensic analysis to be performed by FDLE; requires FDLE to submit DNA profile to certain DNA databases; requires results to be provided to specified parties; authorizes order for search for physical evidence reported to be missing or destroyed.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Criminal Justice
Bill Text: PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 495
• Referred to Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/18/20, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 606
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 606
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/26/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 678
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 676
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 829
• Amendment(s) adopted (027751, 150231) -HJ 829, 830
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1020
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 1020
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 658
• Received -SJ 658
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Criminal Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.