CS/HB 7087: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Education Committee ; Fine
Higher Education; Provides for mergers of University of Florida & Florida Polytechnic University & University of Florida & New College of Florida, respectively; revises Florida Academic Scholars award & Florida Medallion Scholars award.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 72 (Ch. 2020-117)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 572
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 581
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/25/20, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 11 -HJ 667
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 665
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 72 (Ch. 2020-117)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.