HB 771: Motor Vehicle Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Grall
Motor Vehicle Insurance; Repeals provisions relating Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law; revises garage liability insurance requirements; revises minimum coverage requirements for proof of financial responsibility for motor vehicles; revises amount of certificate of deposit required to elect certain method of proof of financial responsibility; revises excess liability coverage requirements; revises financial responsibility requirements for owners or lessees of for-hire passenger transportation vehicles; revises coverages of motor vehicle policy which are subject to stacking prohibition; revises insurance requirements for transportation network company drivers. APPROPRIATION: $83,651
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 65
• Introduced -HJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 487
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 487
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -HJ 549
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 549
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/27/20, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 7 -HJ 682
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 682
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.