CS/SB 774: Public Records and Public Meetings/Applicants for President/State University or Florida College System Institution
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Diaz
Public Records and Public Meetings/Applicants for President/State University or Florida College System Institution; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for any personal identifying information of an applicant for president of a state university or Florida College System institution; providing an exemption from public meeting requirements for any portion of a meeting held for the purpose of identifying or vetting applicants for president of a state university or Florida College System institution, including any portion of a meeting that would disclose identifying information of such applicants; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/12/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 7081 -SJ 772
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 59
• Introduced -SJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/27/20, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 214
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/17/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 3 NAYS 1 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 328
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 7 -SJ 357
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/12/20 -SJ 845
• Read 2nd time -SJ 772
• Substituted HB 7081 -SJ 772
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 7081 -SJ 772
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.