CS/CS/HB 843: Dissolution of Marriage
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Andrade ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Roach ; Sabatini
Dissolution of Marriage; Revises & provides provisions relating to alimony, including burden of proof, factors for awarding alimony, modification & termination, income, & retirement; creates presumption for equal time-sharing; authorizes court to grant final dissolution of marriage with reservation of jurisdiction in certain circumstances; requires certain temporary orders.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 72
• Introduced -HJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 444
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 443
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 446
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 4 -HJ 549
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 549
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/26/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 723
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 720
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 719
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.