CS/CS/HB 867: Public Accountancy
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Stevenson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bush
Public Accountancy; Authorizes vendor to complete performance audit of program associated with the proposed surtax; requires certain applicants to not be licensed in any state or territory in order to be licensed by endorsement; provides license renewal requirements for nonresident licensees; requires majority of the hours required for continuing education include specific content; authorizes certain Florida certified public accountants to apply to DBPR to have their license placed in a retired status; provides retired licensees are not required to maintain continuing education requirements.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 74
• Introduced -HJ 74
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 507
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 497
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 525
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 581
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 579
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 648
• Read 3rd time -HJ 648
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 649
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 472
• Received -SJ 472
• Withdrawn from Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 774
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 1140 -SJ 775
• Read 2nd time -SJ 774
• Amendment(s) adopted (641492) -SJ 775
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 854
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 854
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.