CS/SB 898: Insurance Guaranty Associations
Insurance Guaranty Associations; Increasing the obligation of the Florida Insurance Guaranty Association, Incorporated, for certain claims under policies covering certain condominium associations and homeowners’ associations; increasing the percentage limit of certain insurer net written premiums up to which the Office of Insurance Regulation may levy certain emergency assessments upon insurers, etc.
Last Action: 3/11/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 529 -SJ 682
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/15/20, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 68
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 155
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 195
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 02/17/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 461
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 635
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 682
• Substituted CS/HB 529 -SJ 682
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 529 -SJ 682
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.