SB 96: Educational Opportunities for Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Cruz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman
Educational Opportunities for Veterans; Defining the term “disabled veteran”; providing that disabled veterans receiving certain federal educational assistance benefits are eligible to receive an award for the remaining cost of tuition and fees at state universities and Florida College System institutions, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space (MS)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 12
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs and Space, 01/15/20, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 12
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs and Space; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.