CS/CS/SB 264: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Rodrigues
Higher Education; Requiring the State Board of Education to require each Florida College System institution to conduct an annual assessment related to intellectual freedom and viewpoint diversity; requiring the State Board of Education to annually publish such assessments by a specified date; prohibiting the State Board of Education from shielding Florida College System institution students from certain speech; requiring the Board of Governors to annually publish such assessments by a specified date; prohibiting the Board of Governors from shielding state university students from certain speech, etc.
Last Action: 4/1/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 233 (Ch. 2021-159)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/26/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 177
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/09/21, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 179
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 56
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 169
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/18/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 8 -SJ 282
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 283
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/21 -SJ 341
• Read 2nd time -SJ 338
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 233 -SJ 339
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 233 (Ch. 2021-159)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.