CS/SB 402: Legal Notices
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Rodrigues
Legal Notices; Revising requirements for newspapers that are qualified to publish legal notices; authorizing the Internet publication of legal notices on certain websites in lieu of print publication in a newspaper; requiring the Florida Press Association to consult with the Black Press Association of Florida for a specified purpose; authorizing a governmental agency to opt for Internet-only publication of legal notices with any newspaper of general circulation within the state if certain conditions are met; authorizing a newspaper to charge for Internet-only publication, subject to specified limitations, etc.
Last Action: 4/8/2021 Senate - On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/13/21, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/21, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/15/21, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -SJ 312
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 315
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/08/21, 11:30 am, 37 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/13/21, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.