CS/CS/SB 2010: Foreign Influence
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Diaz
Foreign Influence; Requiring any state agency or political subdivision to disclose certain gifts or grants received from any foreign source to the Department of Financial Services within a specified timeframe; requiring any entity that applies for a certain grant or proposes a certain contract to disclose to a state agency or political subdivision any current or prior interest of, contract with, or grant or gift received from a foreign country of concern under certain circumstances; requiring the Department of Management Services to periodically screen certain vendors; requiring the Department of Financial Services to establish and maintain an Internet website to publish the disclosures, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7017 -SJ 714
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 224
• Introduced -SJ 224
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/23/21, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/30/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 378
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 385
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 381
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 488
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 721
• Read 2nd time -SJ 713
• Substituted CS/HB 7017 -SJ 714
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 7017 -SJ 714
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.