CS/SB 1046: Arrest Booking Photographs
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley ; Bradley
Arrest Booking Photographs; Prohibiting the republishing or redissemination of certain arrest booking photographs; authorizing a person whose arrest booking photograph is republished or redisseminated to bring a civil action against the person or entity republishing or redisseminating the photograph if such person or entity was required to remove it from the publication or electronic medium; authorizing a court to impose a specified civil penalty; requiring a court to award reasonable attorney fees and court costs, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/02/21, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 112
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 272
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 276
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 375
• Amendment(s) adopted (358892) -SJ 375
• Read 3rd time -SJ 376
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 376
• Immediately certified -SJ 378
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/13/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 755
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 507
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-132
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.