CS/CS/SB 1132: Personal Care Attendants
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Bean
Personal Care Attendants; Authorizing nursing home facilities to employ personal care attendants if they are participating in a certain training program developed by the Agency for Health Care Administration, in consultation with the Board of Nursing; providing limitations on such personal care attendants’ practice; requiring the agency to authorize the continuation of certain personal care attendant programs under certain circumstances; authorizing certain persons to be employed by a nursing home facility as personal care attendants for a specified period if a certain training requirement is met, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 485 (Ch. 2021-163) -SJ 642
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 119
• Introduced -SJ 118
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/17/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 276
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/23/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 2 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 641
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 485 -SJ 642
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 485 (Ch. 2021-163) -SJ 642
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.