SB 1134: Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Harrell
Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; Revising regulations applicable to owners and drivers of commercial motor vehicles; revising the length of time within which an officer is authorized to give written notice requiring correction of an unduly hazardous operating condition; providing that owners and drivers of nonpublic sector buses operated on public highways of this state are subject to specified provisions of law; authorizing the department to conduct investigations and examinations of department-authorized private rebuilt inspection providers, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2021 Senate - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 743
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 119
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/03/21, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 119
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/17/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 271
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/31/21, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 374
• Read 3rd time -SJ 374
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Immediately certified -SJ 378
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/13/2021)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Amendment 834443 filed
• Substituted for CS/HB 1151
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 834443 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (834443) -SJ 743
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 743
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.