CS/SB 1378: Corporate Espionage
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bradley
Corporate Espionage; Citing this act as the "Combating Corporate Espionage in Florida Act"; prohibiting theft of a trade secret; prohibiting trafficking in trade secrets; providing criminal penalties; reclassifying the criminal penalty and increasing the offense severity ranking for an offense committed with specified intent, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1523 (Ch. 2021-75) -SJ 707
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 136
• Introduced -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/09/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 272
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 721
• Read 2nd time -SJ 707
• Substituted HB 1523 -SJ 707
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1523 (Ch. 2021-75) -SJ 707
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.