CS/SB 1488: Public Records/Members of the Legislature
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Stargel
Public Records/Members of the Legislature; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for certain identifying and location information of current members of the Legislature and the spouses and children of such legislators; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 144
• Introduced -SJ 144
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/16/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 270
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/31/21, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 351
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 2 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.