CS/HB 149: Students with Disabilities in Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by Early Learning and Elementary Education Subcommittee ; DuBose ; Plasencia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benjamin ; Brown ; Driskell ; Fetterhoff ; Grall ; Grieco ; Hunschofsky ; Learned ; Leek ; Persons-Mulicka ; Plakon ; Slosberg ; Tant ; Toledo ; Valdés ; Woodson
Students with Disabilities in Public Schools; Prohibits use of seclusion on students; revises provisions relating to use of restraint on certain students; provides DOE, school district, school, & personnel requirements; provides for placement of video camera in specified classrooms; provides requirements for such placement; requires continuing education & inservice training for teaching students with emotional or behavioral disabilities.
• Referred to Early Learning and Elementary Education Subcommittee; Secondary Education and Career Development Subcommittee; Education and Employment Committee
• Added to Early Learning & Elementary Education Subcommittee agenda
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Favorable with CS by Early Learning & Elementary Education Subcommittee
• Reported out of Early Learning & Elementary Education Subcommittee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Referred to Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Referred to Education & Employment Committee
• Now in Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Added to Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Reported out of Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Now in Education & Employment Committee
• Added to Education & Employment Committee agenda
• Favorable by Education & Employment Committee
• Reported out of Education & Employment Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/13/2021)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 492
• Received -SJ 492
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 698
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 192 -SJ 698
• Read 2nd time -SJ 698
• Read 3rd time -SJ 698
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 698
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-140
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.