CS/CS/SB 1560: Broadband Internet Service
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Commerce and Tourism ; Ausley
Broadband Internet Service; Revising the duties of the Florida Office of Broadband within the Department of Economic Opportunity; requiring the office’s strategic plan to include short-term and long-term goals and strategies for increasing the availability of and access to broadband Internet service in this state; requiring the office to develop geographic information system maps in collaboration with specified entities and consistent with certain federal reporting standards by a specified date; creating the Broadband Opportunity Program within the office, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1239 (Ch. 2021-24)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 149
• Introduced -SJ 149
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/08/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 642
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 646
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1239 (Ch. 2021-24)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.