CS/HB 157: First Aid Training in Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by Secondary Education and Career Development Subcommittee ; Hawkins ; Busatta Cabrera ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Arrington ; Avila ; Bartleman ; Benjamin ; Bush ; Casello ; Chambliss ; Daley ; Drake ; Driskell ; Eskamani ; Fetterhoff ; Fine ; Fischer ; Garrison ; Grieco ; Harding ; Hart ; Hunschofsky ; Koster ; McClain ; Morales ; Nixon ; Omphroy ; Overdorf ; Plakon ; Plasencia ; Rayner ; Rizo ; Robinson, F. ; Salzman ; Slosberg ; Smith, C. ; Smith, D. ; Tant ; Thompson ; Trabulsy ; Valdés ; Willhite ; Williams ; Woodson ; Yarborough
First Aid Training in Public Schools; Revises grade levels that school districts are encouraged provide certain first aid training; requires school district provide specified grade levels with certain first aid training; provides requirements for such training.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 House - Ordered enrolled
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Secondary Education and Career Development Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education and Employment Committee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Reported out of Secondary Education & Career Development Subcommittee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to Education & Employment Committee
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Added to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Reported out of PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Now in Education & Employment Committee
• Added to Education & Employment Committee agenda
• Favorable by Education & Employment Committee
• Reported out of Education & Employment Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/23/2021)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 721
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 697
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 280 -SJ 697
• Received -SJ 721
• Read 2nd time -SJ 697
• Read 3rd time -SJ 697
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 697
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.