CS/CS/SB 1592: Broadband Internet Infrastructure
Broadband Internet Infrastructure; Creating the "Florida Broadband Deployment Act of 2021"; requiring municipal electric utilities to provide a specified promotional rate to broadband providers for wireline attachments made in unserved or underserved areas within the utility’s service area; requiring municipal electric utilities to provide certain information regarding connections made available to broadband providers to the Office of Broadband within the Department of Economic Opportunity; requiring the local technology planning teams within the office to provide support to rural communities regarding broadband service availability; requiring wireline attachments to comply with certain safety and engineering standards, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1239 (Ch. 2021-24) -SJ 728
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 151
• Introduced -SJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/09/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/31/21, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 342
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 352
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 642
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 646
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/21 -SJ 745
• Read 2nd time -SJ 728
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1239 -SJ 728
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1239 (Ch. 2021-24) -SJ 728
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.